The following are frequently asked questions regarding the NHE/OV PTA. If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact us and we’ll be glad to get back to you.
When are PTA meetings held?
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month (September – June) from 7:00-8:00pm. You do not have to be a PTA member to attend, although you do need to be a member to vote.
- The NHE/OV PTA is made up of parents and teachers who serve as advocates for the children of NHE and OV. Everyone is welcome to the PTA meetings. FREE adult supervised child care, provided by Global Children Center.
Why should you attend?
- Learn about upcoming events and ways you can get involved.
- A great opportunity to meet other NHE/OV parents.
- You get an inside view of what goes on at NHE/OV and how money raised by the PTA is used.
- Learn how your child and their teacher benefit from the work of the PTA.
- Learn how volunteering your time, at school or at home, helps to improve our school community.
Who can join the PTA?
Parents, grandparents, teachers and staff, alumni, friends and family, and corporations are welcome to join the NHE/OV PTA.
How do I keep updated with PTA news and events?
- Check this website often for information and updates.
- Attend the monthly PTA meetings.
- Read our monthly PTA newsletters.
- Sign up on the Yahoo! listserv by emailing email@example.com.
- Like us on Facebook!
What are NHE/OV PTA Dinner Nights?
Throughout the year our PTA finds local restaurants willing to host our “NHE/OV Dinner Nights” on a designated day and time. The restaurants agrees to provide a portion of their proceeds to the NHE/OV PTA for any customers who make a purchase during the designated time. Restaurants that have taken part include El Golfo, Chuckie Cheese and El Gavilan. This is a great way to raise money, support local restaurants, and meet other NHE/OV families! If you know any local restaurants that might be interested please let us know!
I joined last school year, am I still a member?
No. Dues are renewed annually and expire each July 1.
What if I just joined in the Spring during the school year, would I still have to renew again in the Fall when school back in session?
Yes. Membership forms filled out after July 1st, are automatically considered for the next school year. Therefore, you will need to renew again that Fall.
What does the PTA do?
The PTA provides funds and manpower to help make our schools the best that they can be. The funds underwrite assemblies, events, teacher support, etc. PTA volunteers plan and staff a wider range of events as listed on the school calendars.
The NHE/OV PTA is made up of parents and teachers who serve as advocates for the children of NHE and OV. Everyone is welcome to the PTA meetings. FREE adult supervised child care, provided by Global Children Center.