Hi PTA Supporters,
Below are a few updates and events from the PTA. We thank you all for your involvement this year and your support to help the students at NHE and OV have a wonderful school experience. Please come to our first meeting on September 13 at 7pm in the Oak View Media Center.
Thank You Volunteers (we really need you!)
First off, thank you to all the volunteers who showed up to help at last week’s Ice Cream Social at NHE. It was a great success with other 300 bowls of ice cream shared with excited NHE/OV kids and their families. We couldn’t have done it without you and it was a wonderful way to kick off the year!
There are new volunteer opportunities coming up this fall.
- Most importantly, we are in need of a new PTA President. Our dear and committed leader, Allison Fortner, and her two boys relocated to California this week so we need a new President immediately to take over her role. We will discuss it at the September 13 meeting but if you are interested and willing, please email email@example.com for more information.
- The Annual OV Book Fair is September 15-23 and needs volunteers for set up and sales. Sign up to help at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/60B0E4AAAA7238-oakview or email Marybeth Kaplan at Mary_E_Kaplan@mcpsmd.org if you can help or have questions.
- Back to School Night at OV is September 22 from 6-830pm and the PTA needs volunteers to table and sign up new members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out.
- We are also in need of volunteer event leaders for our Fall Movie night on October 14 and our bimonthly El Golfo Fundraising nights, as well as a Volunteer Coordinator. Please email email@example.com if you can help out.
First PTA Meeting
Tuesday, September 13/ Reunámonos el Martes, 13 de Septiembre
7:00 to 8:00 pm at the Oak View ES Library/ en Biblioteca de Oak View ES
FREE Childcare / Cuidado de niños gratis
Agenda Includes: Agenda Incluye:
- How to support your school PTA/ Cómo apoyar a su PTA de la escuela
- Volunteer Opportunities/ Oportunidades de voluntariado
- Future Events/ Eventos Futuros
- What is happening at the schools/ Que está pasando en NHE/OV
- Annual Budget and Plan/ Presupuesto anual y el plan
Fire Victims Contributions
The PTA has collected over $7200 in monetary donations and $1900 in gift card donations for the families from NHE/OV directly affected by the fire. In addition, El Golfo collected an amazing amount of school supplies that were delivered to both schools before school started and our sister school, Wood Acres ES, also sent supplies as well. The PTA is still collecting monetary donations for the victims and those can be given via Pay Pal on our website at https://nheovpta.com/ or by check made out to “NHE/OV PTA” and mailed to OV ES, 400 E. Wayne, Silver Spring, MD 20901.
- Sept 8 – NHE Back to School Night for Grades 1-2 from 630-730pm
- Sept 13 – First PTA Meeting at OV at 7pm, Free Childcare Available
- Sept 15-23 – OV Book Fair in need of parent volunteers (see above to help)
- Sept 22 – OV Back to School Night in need of parent volunteers (see above to help)
- Oct 4 – PTA Meeting at NHE at 7pm, Free Childcare Available
- Oct 14 – Fall Movie Night at OV from 630-8pm, need volunteer leader
- Oct 20 – First El Golfo Fundraiser Night, need volunteer leader
Thank you. We hope to see you at our first meeting on September 13!
Allison, Tracie & Erin
NHE/OV PTA Officers, 2016-17